Return to Main Page

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Starving Artists

My sister gets me hooked on various TV shows every season. Last year she got me watching a medical drama called Grey’s Anatomy on Sunday nights. This week’s episode has a novelist named Mauer Pastowitz who eats his own novel because he believes it to be complete crap. He ate every last page including the spine so it got stuck in his colon and required surgery. His onscreen wife’s scripted statement to the doctor is he "suffers for his art". Brilliant! A writer who punishes himself for writing a shitty novel.

After hearing that, I realized all artists should have that attitude, especially movie executives. What better way to make them suffer for their art than forcing them to eat the screenplays for the shitty movies they make. Imagine the warm and fuzzy feeling that would overcome you as you watch Lucas writhe in pain from having the screenplay for Phantom Menace literally stuck up his ass or producer Joel Silver suffering the same way we did watching those atrocious Matrix sequels. Its about time Hollywood suffered for its "art".

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Refering to movie producers as "artists" just doesn't jive with me... but the punishment.. oh yes, that's EXACTLY what should happen.

    By Blogger CapnG, at Sun Jan 15, 11:56:00 PM  

  • They should make them jam their merchandise up their asses too. I feel sorry for George Lucas when lightsabres come up in the conversation.

    By Anonymous Andrew, at Fri Jan 20, 06:00:00 PM  

  • Your sister put me onto "One Tree Hill", and now I find myself downloading every episode on Thursday morning, because I don't have the WB ... Hype.

    NK, CFA

    By Anonymous Naz, at Wed Jan 25, 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



All Contents © 2005-2009 Digital Dharma. All Rights Reserved. All opinions expressed are correct.