Return to Main Page

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Marcel Marceau Would Be Shocked

go mime yourself!It would appear there's a crisis in the world today: we've been overrun by mimes! We have to have been... why else would phone companies now be touting the latest, greatest accessory they've shoe-horned into already over-burdened cell phones; text messaging?

When my girlfriend gets home from work I'm going to ask her to look at the back of my head and see if there's any evidence of heavy swelling and bruising. I MUST have been struck on the back of the head at some point and am now partly delusional. I'd have to be, it's the only rational explanation for what I'm seeing. After all, why in the name of fuck would someone want to TYPE a message into a PHONE? I was under the impression that telephones were a superior form of communication as they, you know, let me TALK to the other person. I know retro is cool but this is just stupid.

Certainly on the internet there's been a slow but inexorable move to reach the same level of technology that's been available for the past 100 years; the ability to actually speak to another human being in real time. Programs like Skype and even TeamSpeak allow you to completely circumnavigate the phone company and talk to anyone, anywhere for free (in so much as it doesn't cost you extra). Are kids today so hooked on this ambiguous IM bullshit that they actually prefer it to real conversation? That makes me a sad panda.

These are dark days for the human race...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • u got a girlfriend?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed May 24, 11:21:00 AM  

  • Yeah... jealous?

    By Blogger CapnG, at Wed May 24, 09:16:00 PM  

  • well see with rogers I get free incoming txt messages, and instead of my gf calling me to talk about stuff I really dont care for, she can text it all, :)

    actually I found it useful on occasions, like texting myself some important info or password, etc, but I think you might be onto something, I see some people texting like they are chatting on msn at home, its nuts, maybe its all a secret plot by the chiropractic society to get us all into joint pains and arthiritis...

    thats my 2 cents

    By Anonymous I was never here, at Fri May 26, 08:51:00 PM  

  • Ehh. Texting on the phone is indeed a silly idea. So are video games in cell phones. When I get a phone, I want a phone, dammit. I don't want a DVD player/ portable gaming device/ cat treat dispencer or whatever is on the market theses days.

    By Anonymous PoJoX, at Sun May 28, 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



All Contents © 2005-2009 Digital Dharma. All Rights Reserved. All opinions expressed are correct.